What is the money area in Feng Shui?
- What is money area?
In the ancient Chinese practice of Feng Shui, one area of your home is considered the energetic center of money or wealth. This is a good area for conducting business or managing household finances.
- Where is the money area?
In the classical feng shui school, the wealth or money area is considered to be the southeast corner of your home or Woffice space. In the Western or BTB feng shui school, the money area is the upper left area of your space as viewed on a floor plan.
- Manage the money area
By using certain design elements with intention, you can enhance the energy of prosperity in your wealth corner.
Wood and Water Support Wealth
The wealth corner is associated with the feng shui element of wood. Therefore, some of your best choices to enhance the energy of this area are to bring in the elements of wood or the element that nourishes wood, water, to that corner.
- Place art that has wood element energy to it, such as art made from various types of wood, or wood images, such as trees or woody plants.
- Place a water feature in the corner, such as a fountain, to feed prosperity.
- Place art that prominently features water in the corner, such as an image of the ocean.
Light and Growth Enhance Prosperity
Light also feeds the element of wood, so bringing light into the corner can also enhance prosperity, while things that grow provide a metaphor for inviting growth into that corner, that is, inviting growth for your finances.
- If there isn't a window in the corner, consider using a mirror to reflect light from a lamp or window into the area.
- You can also use a natural wood based lamp in the corner to enhance light.
- Place Lush green living plants, in the corner to support the growth of prosperity.