What is hand of fatima, how to use it as tailsman?
As Fatima is seen as pure and without sin, The Hand of Fatima is considered a symbol of protection, power, and strength.
The hamsa(Hand of Fatima) symbol has been used for thousands of years as a pagan fertility symbol. Many women believe it supports healthy pregnancies and boosts fertility and lactation.
More recently, the hand of Fatima has become a symbol of peace adopted by activists in war-affected areas of the Middle East. This ancient symbol is used to reinforce the belief that there are more things that unite us than separate us.
While the hamsa hand is common in pagan traditions, it’s also a familiar motif in several religions around the world.
You may be surprised to learn that the hamsa is part of the Buddhist and Hindu faiths. Both religions believe that this symbol represents the different chakras, the five senses, and the various energies flowing through your body. According to these traditions, each finger of the hamsa hand is connected to specific elements and chakras.
- Thumb: represents the sense of sight and element of fire; energetically linked to the solar plexus chakra
- Forefinger: related to touch and the air element; associated with the heart chakra
- Middle finger: symbolizes hearing and the ether element; energetically related to the throat chakra
- Ring finger: linked to the sense of smell and the earth element; connected to the root chakra
- Pinky finger: associated with the sense of taste and element of water; energetically connected to the sacral chakra
Becoming aware of this connection is especially important for your meditation and yoga practice while doing mudras. These hand and finger gestures are said to activate and balance the chakras. If you love gemstone jewelry, consider wearing your chakra healing crystals on the corresponding chakra fingers.