Feng Shui Tips For Your Living Room
-------Depending on the layout of your home or apartment, the living room tends to be one of the first rooms that greets you upon entering
the five elements are a Taoist system that uses the cycles of nature to inform and balance our health and well-being. The five elements are earth, metal, water, wood, and fire.
An easy way to bring good feng shui into your living room is to include something from each of the five elements in your space.
Here's an easy overview of the five elements using color and shape:
- Earth is earthy brown, orange, yellow colors, and flat, square shapes.
- Metal is white, gray, metallic colors, and spherical, round shapes.
- Water is black, very dark blue colors, and curvy, wavy shapes.
- Wood is blue, green colors, and rectangular, columnar shapes.
- Fire is fiery, red colors, and triangular shapes.
Before you start buying (or even moving) furniture, Cerrano advises that you first assess how you use your living room. To get the ball rolling, she suggests asking, "What activities will be taking place in the living room? Is it mainly used for enjoying leisurely activities, entertaining, working, or eating meals? Will guests use the space to sleep over? Or all of the above?"